fashion career designer degree job resume
Career in Fashion
by Jane Simpson
Aside from being model or a Hollywood A-lister, perhaps there is no other career more glamorous or exciting as fashion design. Most people conceive of a career in fashion designing as merely drinking cocktails, dressing celebrities up and attending chi-chi affairs. But fashion designing is more than that. Fashion is not just about clothes design either; designers pursue other interests like shoes, accessories, or bag designs. Of course, nothing gives a designer glory than a famous celebrity wearing and acknowledging her creations. Excited about pursuing a fashion designing career? Don't grab your
pencil and paper yet, there is
more to designing than just drawing.
designing, drawing, sketching, and CAD applications are necessary to facilitate design illustrations. Expertise in sewing, embroidery, and detailing are important and give a young designer advantage over starting competitors. Of course, knowledge in textiles, fabrics, and clothing technology are also requirements. Certification from design schools and
workshops give additional
points for a budding designer but are not really necessary.
a formal wear designer or a bridal gown designer. General designers however, usually get the most profits since they
cater to everyone. Employees are also crucial part of your planning stage. Starting design businesses opt to open their
own store and hire their own pattern-makers, sewers, and staff. Others choose to do consignment and affiliate themselves with department stores and boutiques. Custom and per-order designing are the usual pursuits of budding designers.
Fashion business experts recommend the latter two to most starting fashion design business as these require less capital
Fashion Career Directory
- Fashion Design Schools - Useful infos and great resources about fashion schools and colleges.
- Fashion Career Center - Fashion jobs and resumes for the wholesale and retail fashion industries.
- Fashion Careers - Fashion Careers is the definitive guide to successful job search in the fashion industry.
- Fashion Careers College California - Top fashion design colleges in California offering degrees in both fashion design and business technology programs.
- The Fashion Tool - Your key to fashion industry jobs, internships and more.
- Fashion Careers & Jobs - Online source of jobs and talent for the fashion and the entertainment industries.
- Review of Fashion Careers - Read on to see which fashion career is right for you. Reviewed and profiled popular fashion careers to help you find the right career.
- Fashion Career Expo - Provides fashion professionals with valuable resources to advance their careers. The Northeast's leading producer of fashion career fairs but also offers a cutting-edge online career center.
- Fashion School Review - Original articles and school reviews for students planning a career in fashion design or marketing.
- Style Career - Insider tips for fashion and image careers.